
We went on a ride to Morpeth and back which is 70km. Morpeth is a really old world type town with antique shops and nick nac shops like you would expect at a touristy type place. Stopped for coffee and headed home into a headwind which was not a lot of fun. Saturday morning rides at 7:30 continue through winter and its good to get back into town to thaw out the toes and have coffee. Went to Mudgee with the Kombi crew for bike riding and wine tasting. Good fun. Did a side trip on the way back taking the alternate route. We ended up in the middle of nowhere in a national park. Had a lookout with some good views of the country side.
The pic of the plate of food is a food experiment with a pork tenderloin. We cooked a lot of these on the BBQ in Canada so I dug up some recipes and put this little number together. Yum.

School goes on. At the moment I am relieving as Principal for a couple of weeks. We have some Japanese exchange students so I am getting real friendly with them in the hope that I can tone up my Japanese. Oh, did we tell you that we are planning a trip to Japan to go skiing next January? Yeh baby, bring it on. Even though our savings tin for this holiday was stolen we are still going. Jenny and I are taking Japanese language lessons for the next 10 weeks on a Thursday night! Very difficult, but interesting. We hope to plan the trip ourselves rather than go via a travel agent. Also, we could stay with or get guidance from Kotara High School's sister school (Ube High School) who I am getting in touch with. Hajimemashite Chris des, yoroshiku onegai shimasu!!!!
Nice pic of the food hehe.. How is the Japanese going?!!! Can you hitch me a ride to Japan too...
ReplyDelete